I knew when I switched over to a more rigorous and business-focused #conditional system, that I'd need to deal with #failure more often. In fact, I specifically incorporated failure into my new system in order to deal with it more often. I know that learning to handle failure with grace is going to make me a badass entrepreneur who builds incredibly successful businesses.
But it's still hard 🙄
Most of us – myself included – have #emotional responses to failure. We think things like What mistake did I make? and How come I didn't see this coming. If we're not careful, that kind of thought process can turn into destructive thoughts like I can't do anything and I'm absolute worst – neither of which are remotely true.
So, this weekend, I'm focused on doing a few things (aside from continuing to work my ass off)
- 😞 Accept my failure because I didn't meet this week's conditional
- 😭 Process all that emotional stuff without getting negative
- 🤨 Shift my mindset and get into problem solving mode
- 🤔 Identify at least 5 things I can do to ensure I meet my conditional next week
- 🤓 Start on those 5 things as soon as I finish up my client work
tl;dr This week is a failure, a concept I know I need to get better at processing, so I can get back to working hard. So, I'm trying to shift my mindset to problem-solving mode and start thinking ahead to next week.
Author Bree Weber
Published 6/22/2018, 2:28:49 PM
📓 I read this post
⬆ Back to top